
"Can you pull this off?" - Ms. Smarty.
"Sure, it's a piece of cake?" - Ms. Courage.
"Shouldn't sound like a cock and bull story." - Ms. S
Ms. C - "Forever a doubting Thomas you are!"
"Ok then, get down to the brass track babes...the ball is in your court." Ms. S winks.
Ms. C playfully punches Ms. S on the shoulders. "You think I am jaywalking around this? It takes two to Tango. Either hold your horses or join the bandwagon. The latter is better."
Ms. S rolls her eyes. "Ya ya...actions speak louder than words. Stop beating around the bush and get down to work. You do well on your own."
"Rome wasn't built in a day!" Ms. C shrugs her shoulders.
"Hahaha...feeling the heat? Face the music...everyone is done. They plan. Look at you. Procrastinating always. Serves you right for taking up challenges."
"Don't remind me. I work well under pressure," sighs Ms. C "Stop your knee jerk reaction and let me think," and sheepishly, "you know I need you."
"Bingo! you hit the nail on the head! Common, let's leave no stone unturned. Pull up your socks and let's rock!" Ms. Smarty is raring to go.
Ms. Courage throws up her hand, " Always a drama queen, aren't you?"
For - A-To-Z Challenge
Ha ha ...a very clever post Janu...I love Ms Smarty ! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Sri.
DeleteWow an entire conversation with idioms. Brilliant.
ReplyDeleteA cut above the rest :-) Wonderful.
ReplyDeleteCheers
Laxmi
Laxmi...thank you.
DeleteJanaki............FABULOUS! Loved this. Very well done. You are on a roll girl!
ReplyDeleteThank you BG.
DeleteLovely...Complete conversation in idioms...Ms Smarty is real smart :)
ReplyDeleteHehehe...she ain't smart for nothing.
DeleteThis is brilliant, Janaki! Simply loved the conversation! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Shilpa.
DeleteYou managed to find such randomly unrelated idioms and then make them part of a single piece of writing, and a piece of fiction at that. Wow! Truly super.
ReplyDeleteJust a flash of inspiration...that's all Cynthia. Thanks.
Deletehehe good One. Hope Ms Courage will never run out of topics :) This one was smart
ReplyDeleteLoved the usage of idioms ;)
I hope so too...thanks Afshan...you know how to keep me inspired.
Deleteyou hv a way with words or what!
ReplyDeleteI find my way sometimes...thanks Meena.
DeleteWow! This was a fantastic read, Janu. Rocking it, aren't you?
ReplyDeleteHehehe...happens sometimes Corinne.
DeleteExcellent ! You have written so well ! great expressions, thanks for sharing !
ReplyDeleteThanks Janet.
DeleteFantastic post, Janaki. Love love it.
ReplyDeleteThanks and love Sulekkha.
Deletehaha...idioms are so fun to play with....you wove them together well and made me smile in reading it...
ReplyDeleteThanks Brian...you are an inspiration.
DeleteThanks Talya.
ReplyDeleteAhh Lovely ! I so love idioms ...
ReplyDeleteThis was very cleverly done. Kudos!
ReplyDeleteDamyanti @Daily(w)rite
Co-host, A to Z Challenge 2013
Twitter: @AprilA2Z
#atozchallenge
AZ blogs on Social Media
Great post - with many of the cliches we writers are told to "avoid like the plague!"
ReplyDeletehahhahah!! Nice one, Janaki!!
ReplyDeleteVery clever and creative - marvelously done, Janu!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Cute conversation.
ReplyDeletehttp://joycelansky.blogspot.com
Normally I'd retort to such a good post after another as you are on a roll dearie ... but hey... almost all the posts I read of yours are as good... :D :D I can't tell you that can I >?
ReplyDeleteIndeed a very cool post!! I loved the Idioms :)
ReplyDeleteHow clever Janaki. A creative post.
ReplyDelete